Oh snap, these Buffalo Meatballs are seriously life changing. They are juicy and have the perfect amount of spice. What makes these even better, is they are Whole30, Keto, Dairy Free and Paleo. It makes me so excited when a dish can be so dang good all while being healthy.
If you are looking for the perfect appetizer for your next social gathering, be sure to give these a try. Additionally, they also serve as an amazing husband approved dinner. Simply serve over cauliflower rice or beside a beautiful garden salad. Further, feel free to toss these into a glass container and use for an easy and flavorful meal prep.
How to make these Buffalo Meatballs?
First, decide which protein you want to use. These meatballs can be made with ground beef, turkey or chicken. I prefer turkey for this recipes. Next, mix together the ingredients for the meatballs and form in the size of a golf ball. Transfer the meatballs to a hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
Once the meatballs are cooked, remove from the skillet and add to a plate. Next, add in all the ingredients for the buffalo sauce and mix together using a spoon. Cook over low/medium heat for 3 minutes or so. Transfer the meatballs back to the skillet and gently stir to coat each meatball with the sauce. All this to simmer together for 5-6 minutes over low heat. Top with homemade ranch dressing and green onions.
Tips for making the perfect Buffalo Meatballs:
- Make sure to not cook the meatballs too high. This will make them turn out dry. Cook on medium/high heat and make sure to keep a close eye on them. 2-3 minutes or so on each side.
- When mixing the meatball mixture, make sure to really combine everything. I always get the best results with mixing by hand.
- To get really juicy meatballs, allow them to simmer in the buffalo sauce for at least 5-6 minutes.
SHOP MY POST
Click on the photo below to save this to your Pinterest Board:
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:Print
- 2 lbs ground turkey, beef or chicken
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1–2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for skillet)
- Ranch and green onion slices for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, almond flour, salt, garlic, onion powder, oregano, pepper, and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, then add it along with the coconut aminos, onions and tomato sauce to the meat mixture. Mix together with hands until evenly combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop the meat and shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (size of a golf balls).
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium/high heat and tilt the skillet until it is entirely coated. Transfer the meatballs to a hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, remove from the skillet and add to a plate.
- Pour in all the ingredients for the buffalo sauce into the hot skillet and mix together using a spoon. Cook over low/medium heat for 3 minutes or so.
- Transfer the meatballs back to the skillet and gently stir to coat each meatball with the sauce. Allow this to simmer together for 5-6 minutes over low heat.
- Top with homemade ranch dressing and green onions.
- Category: Appetizer/Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 Meatballs
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 66
- Fat: 27.4
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 28.5
Keywords: Buffalo Meatballs, Keto, Whole30
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)