One thing I love in life is avocado toast. It ‘s creamy texture and buttery bread makes my heart flutter. However, I live Paleo and Whole30, so my beloved Avocado Toast is a no-go. Don’t worry folks, I found an alternative that gives me all the same butterfly feels. Sick of plain boiled eggs every morning for breakfast? I hear you, give this recipe a try to break out of your boring food routine. Healthy can taste good, y’all.
On a side note, this is also a great option for kids. I am always trying to find healthy alternatives that my 3-year old enjoys. She loves avocados and sweet potatoes, so this recipe was a hit for her. This would also serve as a great brunch appetizer or a pregnant mommas afternoon snack. Currently, I am almost 6 months pregnant and crave avocados, so this sweet potato toast serves as a great afternoon pick-me-up.
Need an alternative to avocado toast? I got you covered with this delicious sweet potato toast topped with avocado egg salad.
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- 1–2 ripe avocados peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 sweet potato
- Add eggs to a pot filled halfway with water. Add 1 tsp f sea salt to the water. Cover and bring water to a boil over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain eggs from the water and run cold water over the eggs. Place eggs in a bowl of ice water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs.
- Add the boiled eggs to a big bowl with the avocado, lemon juice, sea salt, and onions. Mash the avocado until all ingredients are smooth.
- Cut sweet potato horizantally in 1/2 inch slices and add to toaster oven until done.
- Serve egg salad on top of sweet potato toast sprinkled with parsley and crispy bacon.
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Breakfast