Aldi Whole30 Shopping Guide
Published Jan 21, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Whole30 is an amazing program that doesn’t have to break the bank. Living Paleo and Whole30 can be very enjoyable and affordable when shopping at Aldi. My goal as a mother is to provide my family with high quality food that not only aligns with our budget, but that is also delicious and nutritious. Shopping at Aldi has made eating healthy both cost-effective and simple. Don’t let their low prices fool you. Their mission to deliver top-notch ingredients/food at discount prices are now helping families all across the world.
Aldi carries a variety of organic and non-organic foods that will fit into all dietary needs. In addition, they offer weekly ads with specials and new products. Ever week I get so excited to flip through to see what new treasures they have available. Not only do they sale yummy food, but they have great “home” finds. I will buy candles, toilet paper, laundry soap, and even clothes for Eloise. Aldi is so much more than a grocery store. It has a lot of great surprises if you choose to search. Last week on our grocery trip we bought toys, home décor and even stuff for the new baby at a fraction of the cost compared to other stores. Makes sure you stop by the home décor isle to see what treasures you can find while shopping Whole30.
The main misconception with The Whole30 Program is that it is too expensive to follow correctly. That is the furthest thing from the truth. The Whole30 Program can be followed by any budget, especially a small one. You don’t have to shop at Whole Foods or other expensive health food chains in order to be “healthy.” Healthy living can be right around the corner at your local Aldi grocery store. Grab a quarter to rent your shopping cart and bring your own bags and you are ready to shop. Living healthy has never been more fun and CHEAP! Stop struggling with your budget and meal planning efforts and start saving 30-40% on your grocery budget by simply shopping at Aldi.
I have developed a Whole30 Shopping Guide that will hopefully help your efforts in providing budget friendly healthy food choices for the entire family. This is a free resource that can also be downloaded here. Feel free to copy and take with you to the store to make your grocery shopping experience less stressful. I love everything about Aldi’s mission and am so happy that I am able to support your healthy living and money saving efforts with this guide. Please feel free to leave a comment about your experience and how you save money living the “Aldi Life.”Nuts can be really expensive when buying from a “big chain” health food store. Aldi provide a great selection of compliant nuts at a fraction of the cost.
- Southern Grove Pistachios
- Southern Grove Almonds
- Southern Grove Sliced Almonds
- Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- Simply Nature Raw Almonds, Pecans, and Pistachio Kernels
Condiments can be really hard to find on the program because of hidden preservatives, filers along with soy and wheat. Surprisingly, They have a great variety. Quality tasting pickles that are compliant seem to be the hardest to find. They deliver big on their pickles. They are my absolute favorite.
- Simply Nature Olive Oil
- Simply Nature Coconut Oil
- Simply Nature Pure Avocado Oil
- Simply Nature Apple Cider Vinegar
- Simply Nature Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing/Marinade
- Specialty Selected Kalamata Olives
- Tuscan Garden Spanish Manzanilla Olives
- Tuscan Garden Artichoke Hearts
- Tuscan Garden Hot Jalapeno Slices
- Tuscan Garden Distilled Vinegar
- Great Gherkins Hamburger Dill Pickle Chips
- Burman’s Yellow Mustard
- Burman’s Hot Sauce
These little gems above are some of my favorite yummy and cheap compliant finds. My 3 year-old daughter follows Whole30 and Paleo living and all of these items serve as great snacks for her.
- Little Journey Apple Mango Baby Food Pouch
- Little Journey Blueberry/Banana Baby Food Pouch
- Lunch Buddies Mandarin Orange Cups
- Simply Nature Squeezable Applesauce (Original & Cinnamon Apple)
- Simply Nature Unsweetened Applesauce
Spices and canned foods always tend to have hidden fillers and preservatives. It is always very important to read your labels and make sure your foods are compliant. They have some really great pantry staples that are totally compliant on the program.
- Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes
- Happy Harvest Tomato Sauce
- Happy Harvest Tomato Paste
- Happy Harvest Green Beans
- Simply Nature Organic Diced tomatoes
- Southern Grove Chia Seeds
- Southern Grove California Raisins
- Simply Nature Seasonings
- Simply Nature Pizza Sauce (May be seasonal)
- PurAqua Belle Vie Sparkling Water
- Simply Nature Organic Seasonings (Make sure to ALWAYS read labels)
Quality meat can be very difficult to find at reasonable prices. They offer a variety of compliant meats that will serve your Whole30 needs. I don’t tend to buy a lot of their fresh meats here though. I am a big fan of Sam’s Club’s meat. Here are a few of my favorite meat, fish and egg options.
- Sea Queen Frozen Jumbo Raw Shrimp
- Sea Queen Frozen Wild Caught Salmon Fillets
- Sea Queen Tilapia Fillets
- Appleton Farms Prosciutto
- Simply Nature Grass-fed Hamburger Meat
- Kirkwood Organic Chicken Breast
- Nature Raised Farms Chicken
My favorite part of Aldi is their fresh fruit and veggie sections. I always stock up on all of my fresh veggies and fruits. They are SUPER cheap and even have organic and seasonal options available. Oh and did I mention their avocados are like .30 cents…that’s insane compared to the price at Walmart and other stores. They also have a great selection of frozen veggie and fruit items. Again, make sure to read your labels.
- Simply Nature Frozen Organic Strawberries
- Simply Nature Frozen Organic Blueberries
- Little Salad Bar Medium Fresh Salsa
- Casa Mamita Chipotle Lime Salsa
- Little Salad Bar Chunky Guacamole
- Season Choice Frozen Green Beans
- Season Choice Frozen Broccoli
- Season Choice Frozen Asparagus
- Season Choice Frozen Brussels Sprouts
Now, get your cute booties up and go find yourself a Aldi, you can thank me later. I have worked really hard to make this process easy for everyone. If you missed it earlier in the post, click on the picture below to download a PDF printable version of this awesome Whole30 resource. Happy shopping, Peaches!
This is SO helpful, I went to our local Aldis for the 1st time the other day and swore I’d never go back. It was so crowded and I went thru the aisles so quickly thinking everything was cheap totally unhealthy knock off brands lol. I am going to give it a 2nd chance after reading your post. Thanks!
Thank you so much you have really made this process so easy..😘
Love this! Thank you!
Thanks so much. I shop regularly at Aldi, but tend to buy same old same old thing. I got a few new ideas. Thanks tons for sharing!
Thanks a million! Just what I needed.
This is SO helpful thank you! I have used this already several times and I can’t thank you enough!
Yes, I love Aldi!! It saves is so much money, and is way cheaper than Walmart. Thank you for taking the time
To make this resource.