A quick and easy Taco Salad that is filled with savory ground beef, fresh veggies and drizzled with avocado ranch. The whole family will love this Whole30, Paleo and Keto salad.
Meat & Seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (add another 1/2 tsp if desired)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup red onions (chopped)
- 8 cups lettuce of choice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 Avocados (pitted and sliced)
- 4 tbsp sliced jalapenos
- 4 tsp Cilantro
- 1 Lime (quartered)
- 1 cup compliant mayo
- 1 avocado (pitted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk ((unsweetened))
- 1 tbsp dried parsely
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, along with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and brown for about 7 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce along with taco seasoning to the beef. Allow to simmer on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Clean and chop the onions, avocados, jalapenos, and grape tomatoes.
- Finally, add 2 cups of lettuce to each bowl and spoon the taco meat over each salad as desired. Divide the chopped veggies evenly among the 4 salads.
- Drizzle with the avocado ranch and top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
- Take 1 cup of store bought compliant mayo or use my homemade version: 1 cup of LIGHT olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. (TIP: Make sure to put your blender over the egg and count to 10 Mississippi for your mayo to thicken)
- You can also use a regular blender for the mayo, add all ingredients except the olive oil and turn blender on medium speed and slowly add in the olive oil and mix slowly until thick.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the avocado ranch to the mayo base and mix in a blender or using an immersion blender until creamy.
Click below for my favorite items for this recipe
Immersion blender– A MUST HAVE for making mayo and dressings.
Extra Light Olive Oil
- Category: Main Dish, Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican