I have always been a lover of red meat, I could eat it for every meal. This flank steak served over cauliflower mash and covered in chimichurri sauce makes me love it even more. This dish is so flavorful and tasty you would never even guess that it is a Whole 30 approved.
Flank steak is always a great meal for a quick and lean protein option. It is very versatile and can be served in many different fun ways. Slice it thin and serve with veggies or serve over a salad and drizzle with Whole 30 ranch. You can never go wrong with flank steak.
When cooking this recipe, I usually will make the chimichurri sauce the day before, by allow the ingredients to sit, the flavor becomes amazing. I also prep enough flank steak to serve as another meal during the week. This keeps time in the kitchen minimal.
This Whole30 grilled marinated flank steak will become your go-to recipe to serve with veggies, potatoes or even throw on top of a salad.
- 1 1/2 pound Flank Steak
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 bag cauliflower pearls
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tbsp chives (fresh)
- 1 cup Cilantro (packed)
- 1 cup parsley (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregeno (dried)
- 1/4 whole red onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil (light)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vineager (red wine)
- Using sharp knife, lightly score the steak about 1/8 inch deep on both sides. Leave steakout until it reaches room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut aminos, garlic powder, freshly ground pepper and kosher salt. Season both sides of the steak with mix. I always sprinkle a little more seasoning on each side after I pour the liquid over it.
- Prepare the pan or grill on high heat with olive oil a tsp of ghee. Grill the steaks how you desire, about 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Bring 1 head of cauliflower chopped or 1 bag of cauliflower pearls to a boil, about 25 minutes.
- Drain liquid from the cauliflower and add to the food processor with garlic powder, chives, ghee, and salt and pepper.
- Blend together until smooth and top with fresh chives.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. For the best results, make this a day ahead and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Add your cauliflower mash to a plate, lay your flank steak on top and drizzle with your sauce and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and chives.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Steak