15 Minute One Skillet Sausage Stir Fry
Published Nov 19, 2019 Updated Mar 12, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you have followed me for very long, I am sure you are aware by now, that this is Sausage Stir fry is one of my go-to meals during the week. I would say I probably eat it 4 times a week. It is so easy, quick and super cheap to make.
Although the stir fry is amazing by itself, I always pair it with my Chili Lime Sauce that truly takes it to a different level. My sauces really are a game changer. They bring life to boring meals and add a ton of additional flavor.
In addition, I always top this stir fry with a fried egg. My husband absolutely adores when I put a runny egg over it. The yolk mixed with the sausage, veggies and sauce is truly magical. The best part about this recipe, is you can eat it for any meal during the day. It’s perfect for breakfast or even a quick week night dinner.
Most importantly, take this recipe and tailor it to meet your needs. If you are not a fan of the mushrooms or Brussels sprouts, then switch out for other veggies of your choice. We will switch this recipe up by subbing a bag frozen pepper and onions in place of the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms.
Can you freeze this Sausage Stir Fry?
Yes! I love making a few batches and portioning them out for lunches throughout the month. Just make sure to freeze in a freezer proof container and remove the sauce. I will make a fresh batch of sauce and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. I would not recommend freezing the sauce with the stir fry. Pack that separate in a small Weck Jar and add to the sausage stir fry before or after re- heating.
What other sauces could you use for this recipe?
I have a ton of other sauce recipes that would go great with this stir fry. My personal favorite is my Mac’s Awesome Sauce that will completely change your life. It is great on veggies, eggs, proteins and stir fry recipes. In addition, I love my Buffalo Dill, Fiesta Cilantro and Avocado Ranch. All of these sauces would be a great addition if you aren’t a fan of the Chili Lime or if you just want to change it up every now and then!Print
15 Minutes One Skillet Sausage Stir Fry
This one pan sausage stir fry is the perfect 15 minute meal that is sure to please the whole family. It is Whole30, Keto, Paleo and can be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
12 ounces pre-cooked chicken sausage cut into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices ( I love using Chicken Apple Sausage)
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tbsp ghee
2 small cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, sliced
8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
Chili Lime Sauce for drizzle
Red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once ghee is hot, add the onion slices and minced garlic. Cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, stir, and cook for another 3 minutes covered with a lid
- Transfer the sliced mushrooms and sausage to the skillet and continue to cook uncovered, stirring, until mushrooms are cooked and sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile,in a wide mouth jar, mix together the chili lime sauce. Click here for the recipe.
- Place stir fry in a bowl and drizzle with my Chili Lime sauce and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. You can also add a fried egg on top for additional flavor.
- If you are not a fan of chicken apple sausage, feel free to use kielbasa, sliced instead.
- For a more hearty meal, feel free to add a fried egg over each serving.
- This is a great meal prep option. Make a big batch and portion out into glass containers. Store the sauce separate and add on the stir fry once re-heated.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Meal/Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sausage Stir Fry, One Skillet Meals, Quick Meals, Sausage Skillets, Whole30, Keto, Paleo
Nutrition facts: Without the Chili Lime Sauce
Shop My Post
Be sure to click the photo below to save this recipe to you Pinterest Board:
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorite quick meal ideas:
I haven’t had the guts to try Brussel sprouts since eating the mushy ones as a kid. Wow! The chilI lime sauce is amazing!
I have made a lot of Ashley’s recipes and we have loved them all. I’m so sad I didn’t make this sooner. We had it last night for supper and everyone loved it. It came together so quick and was so delicious. We will definitely be eating this on repeat! Cannot recommend enough!
I’ve tried a lot of recipes that were suggested as meal prep and the second time eating wasn’t nearly as good as the first, but this recipe did not disappoint!! It’s a great reset meal when you want something clean and healthy. It definitely makes extra for leftovers. The chili lime sauce really made this dish great!
Thank you so much! This is so kind