- 1 1/2 pounds ground sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dairy free cream cheese (Kite Hill for Whole30) OPTIONAL*
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, add the olive oil, sausage, minced garlic and onions and brown until cooked through completely. Remove and transfer to a plate with a paper towel so that the grease can drain.
- In a large Dutch Oven or pot, add the cooked sausage, chicken broth, nutritional yeast, sundried tomatoes, onions coconut milk, dairy free cream cheese, salt/pepper and Italian seasoning
- Allow these ingredients to cook together until it becomes creamy and the cream cheese is completely melted, around 30 minutes or so. Add the baby spinach and let this simmer another 5 minutes.
- Crockpot Version: First, you will still have to brown your sausage before adding to the crock pot in addition to leaving out the fresh spinach until the last 5 minutes of cooking. Everything else can be added and cooked on low for 6-7 hours.
- Favorite Whole30 sundried tomato compliant brand: Mezzetta Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes. There are a lot of other compliant brands, just make sure to read ingredient lists.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Crockpot
- Cuisine: Whole30, Paleo, Keto
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 17
Keywords: Tuscan Sausage Soup, Keto Soup, Whole30, Dairy Free, Paleo, Soup