Whole 30 Zuppa Toscana Soup
I am the crazy lady who wants to throw on a sweater and pair of boots in August, in hopes that fall will get here faster. It is my favorite season! I love snuggling up with a big bowl of soup and watching scary movies. This Whole 30 approved Zuppa Toscana soup gives me all the fall feels! Not only is the taste out of this world amazing, but it also makes your house smell like it came out of Martha Stewart’s magazine.
It is so nice when you can throw a bunch of ingredients in a crock pot go to work and come home to a delicious and satisfying Whole 30 approved meal. Anytime I am burnt out on plain meat and veggies, I always turn to soup. I make a big pot on Sunday and eat for dinner and take for lunch during the week. I find that a small serving size of this soup feels me up and gives me loads of energy.
I am one of “those” people who is obsessed with eating healthy food that taste good. The spices along with the creamy, rich flavor make this meal a Whole 30 and Paleo favorite. Its dairy-free and grain-free, and honestly you can’t tell the difference.
Little sweet friends, go do something good for yourself and get cozy with this yummy soup. Also, YES, I am aware it is still summer, but guys, can’t a girl dream. Maybe if I keep making fall soups, it will get here faster. Sweater weather, I miss you and will see you soon!
- 1 pound sausage ((Whole 30 approved version))
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 sweet onion ((chopped))
- 4 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced garlic ((fresh))
- 3 cups kale ((chopped))
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper ((to taste))
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown your onions in 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Add in your approved sausage and let simmer together for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour your broth, coconut milk, seasoning and diced potatoes in the mix.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat and throw in your kale.
- When potatoes are fork tender, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!