Nothing says summer like a cute little burger slider straight from the grill. I created a new recipe that puts a fun spin on the traditional sliders. These Tosotone Burger Sliders with Jalapeno Relish will easily become a new summertime favorite at your house. These cuties are Whole30 and Paleo compliant along with gluten and dairy free.
The crispy plantains fried up in coconut oil makes the perfect crispy bun that adds even more flavor to the burger patty. Want even more flavor? I got you covered with this delicious and spicy jalapeno relish that is the icing on the cake. It is the PERFECT addition to tostones and ground beef patties.
This relish screams summer and can be added to any dish to add more flavor. It is a bit spicy, so use with caution. This really is one of the best summertime meals that will turn any boring BBQ into a fun party. I have a 3 year old that can’t really handle the relish and that is okay. I serve this to her with ketchup and remove the relish and she LOVES them. Recreate this recipe to fit your needs.
Click below to save to your Pinterest board.
- 1/2 cup dill relish (or 4 whole pickles)
- 2 jalapenos (remove seeds and chop)
- 2 mini red sweet peppers
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 dates
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lb ground beef (90/10%)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut oil (½ cup for each step)
- 3 large green plantains
- Lightly oil grill/pan over medium heat.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl & add chopped onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Crumble in beef and add the coconut aminos. Mix together.
- Gently shape (don’t firmly press) mixture into small slider patties about ¾ inch thick. Place burgers on the grill/pan. Cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the relish to a serving bowl. Will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Peel the plantains and cut into 1 inch thick chunks.
- Heat the ½ cup of the coconut oil in a large skillet. Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the plantains from the pan. Add one plantain slice at a time in between two pieces of parchment paper. Use a flat surface to press down and and flatten the plantains.
- Return the flattened plantains to the other 1/2 cup of coconut oil and fry 1 minute on each side. Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos so the relish isn’t too hot. Add them to a food processors.
- To the jalapenos, add in the dill relish (make sure no added sugar) and the remaining ingredients. Turn the food processor on and blend together until finely chopped.
- Place one flattened plantain to a plate and add a burger patty and top with the jalapeno relish and mustard. Top with another flattened plantain and garnish with freshly cut jalapenos.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!