Weekends are for flank steaks, not just regular flank steaks though, but really cool “stuffed” flank steaks. I have come up with this delicious Sundried Tomato Stuffed Flank Steak that is packed with flavor. I love taking a boring piece of meat and jazzing it up and this sundried tomato and spinach stuffing that is exploding with flavor.
I usually make this meal once a month for a date night with my husband. It is his favorite meal and it allows us to sit down for a lovely meal together in the comfort of our own home. If you have kids, you get how hard it is to hire a sitter and get dressed up and leave the house…..it’s a nightmare. We really try to connect, talk and have a nice dinner once a month when the girls go down for a nap or bed. We connect the best through food….hahah! We both love to eat and this steak gives us so much to talk about.
We love eating our steaks medium rare to medium so if you are not a “pink” fan, leave your steak in the oven a little longer. Make sure not to dry it out, I find the flank steak can become really dry if you overcook. The sundried tomato stuffing gives the steak not only a lot of flavor, but it makes it extra juicy.
If you are needing a yummy meal for a “date night” or just a fancy meal for the family, give this stuffed flank steak a try. I serve with grilled veggies and a side salad.
Click below to pin to Pinterest
A juicy and tender flank steak stuffed with sundried tomatoes, spinach, onions, garlic and olive oil. This is Keto, Whole30 and Paleo compliant.
- 1 large flank steak
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- In a large ziplock bag, add 1 flank steak. In a small bowl add ½ cup coconut aminos, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp garlic. Mix together with a fork until combined. Pour the marinade into the bag with the flank steak. Let this bag marinate in the refrigerator overnight for best taste.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and place in between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a meat mallet, even out the thickness of the steak, beat until 1/2 inch thick.
- In a blender, add the stuffing mixture, spinach, olive oil, seasonings, lemon juice, garlic cloves and sundried tomatoes. Blend until creamy.
- Cover a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil. Transfer the flank steak to the baking sheet. Top the flank steak with the sun-dried tomato mixture, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle top of stuffing with ⅓ cup chopped onions and a little chopped spinach.
- Roll the steak along the “grain” starting with the smallest end first. Roll the steak tightly. Using cooking twin tie the twine along the steak. I will tie in the middle and at each end. Tie tightly, but not too tight to where the stuffing is falling out.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Remove steak and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Main Dish