Easter is this weekend so don’t find yourself unprepared reaching for the candy bowl and over-indulging in your kid’s Easter treats. Instead, make these Paleo Carrot Cake Balls to have on hand for a satisfying dessert or snack. These gems can be a real lifesaver when you are craving something sweet. They taste like a big slice of carrot cake and will make your booty dance because of its decadent taste.
These bite-size treats are not only super easy and quick to make, but they are the perfect grab and go snack. This recipe can be personalized by using different combinations of nuts and fruits to create your own unique and fun flavors. I usually like to mix the types of nuts that I use. For this recipe, I used walnuts and pecans and it turned out perfect. Throw your ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it forms a cookie dough consistency. Roll into desired ball size, roll in shredded coconut and place on parchment paper. These sweet babies can be ready for “mouth popping” in no time.
Click on the picture below to save to your Pinterest board for later.
A Paleo bite-size treat with all the flavors of a real piece of carrot cake.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut ((to roll the balls in))
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- In a large food processor process add in the walnuts and pecans and pulse until crumbly.
- Add in the chopped dates, maple syrup, shredded coconut, shredded carrots, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend together until it forms a batter type consistency.
- Start scooping and forming balls to the desired size and roll in shredded coconut. Add each ball to parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Store these balls in a glass container and they will stay good for up to a week.