Lemon Rosemary Cornish Hens with Crispy Potatoes
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I was in the mood for some festive food this past weekend. I jumped in the kitchen, slapped on my fancy apron and cooked up some lemon rosemary cornish hens and rosemary crispy potatoes. This is one of those comfort meals that leave you wanting to lick the plate and scream for seconds. Not only is this meal super delicious, but it is also Paleo and Whole 30 compliant.
Who doesn’t love to feel important by getting their very own little hen? This is a super reasonable meal to whip up, but I also feel like I am one “fancy lady” while I am eating it. To begin, I rub down the hens with and olive oil mixture that incorporates lemon juice, rosemary, and thyme. These 3 flavors go so well together and smell like the holiday season. In addition to the olive oil mixture, I stuff them with whole lemons sliced in half and a twig of rosemary. To cook, I always cook at a higher temp to start to get the outside crispy then turn down the heat and let it cook slowly. The meat turns out so tender and juicy inside but leaves the outside nice and crispy.
I love me some crispy potatoes anytime, anywhere. These rosemary yellow potatoes are a perfect addition to the rosemary and lemon hens. These two things should just go ahead and get married because they are simply meant to be. I cut my medium yellow potatoes into eights and throw on a baking sheet tossed in olive oil, rosemary, pink salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook these babies on 425 degrees Fahrenheit for around 30 minutes and they are perfection.
If you are in search for a good weekend family dinner or even a holiday meal, this is the perfect dish. My husband has already requested that this be a weekly meal at our house. My little 3-year-old, Eloise ate half a hen and a full plate of potatoes, she was a fan, to say the least. Enjoy…. pretty friends!!!!
Rosemary Olive Oil Rub
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 4 Lemons (cut into fourths)
- Rosemary twigs
Rosemary Crispy Potatoes
- 10 medium yellow potatoes (cut into eights)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Thaw your cornish hens and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees farhenhit.
- Mix your olive oil mixture together and get your conish hens ready in a cast iron skillet or baking dish of choice.
- Stuff the hens the you lemons cut in half and a few fresh rosemary twigs.
- Rub down your hens with the olive oil mixture (Make sure to completly cover the hens).
- Lay the rest of your lemon slices around the hens. This makes the most incrediable juice.
- Throw in the oven and cook for 35 minutes on 425 degrees farhenit. After 35 minutes, lower your temperature to 350 degree farhenhit and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness/crispiness.
- Cut your yellow potatoes into egihts and throw on a baking sheet.
- Toss your potatoes in olive oil and add seaosning.
- Cook on 425 degrees farhenhit or until desired crispiness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Chicken
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!