Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup (Paleo)
My 4-ingredient Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup is insanely delicious and can elevate any homemade drink or cocktail. No sugar added and only 1 net carb per serving!
Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup
Simple syrups are always a great ingredient to add to a cocktail or glass of iced tea. However, they are usually filled with a ton of sugar. Well, folks, I am here to change that with my Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup. This homemade syrup can take unsweetened tea, water, cocktails, and ice cream up a notch. It only takes a few ingredients and can be whipped up in no time at all.
Can you make a simple syrup with other fruits?
Absoluelty! I love doing this in the summer with a bunch of fresh veggies I have on hand. These fruit simple syrups add so much flavor to iced tea, cocktails and even ice cream. Below are my favorite fruits to use.
How to use this Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup?
This syrup is so versatile and really is great in so many things. My absolute favorite way to use it is in iced tea. I use Pure Leaf unsweetened iced tea with about 3 tablespoons of this syrup. It is my all-time favorite drink without all the sugar. In addition, I love using it in my homemade cocktails. I love using this in place of grenadine because it not only adds flavor but it gives the cocktails a pretty red color.
My kids also love this in their lemonade and I will even add it to my water bottle to give it additional flavor. Also, you can cook the syrup down a little longer to get a thicker consistency. This thick syrup makes for a great addition to ice cream, muffins, pancakes, and waffles.
My favorite ways to use this syrup:
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
Tips and Tricks
- Clean and slice the strawberries:
- Boil the strawberries and water first before adding in the Monk Fruit and lemon.
- Straining: Do not press down on the strawberries after they have cooked. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the boiled strawberries and water over. Allow it to sit for a minute until all the juice is removed from the berries, but DO NOT press down. This will make your syrup cloudy with seeds.
- Storage: Store in a mason jar or glass jar with a lid. This will stay good for about a week in the fridge.
Step By Step Process
Shop my Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup post
Want more yummy strawberry recipes?
- 16 oz strawberries, cleaned and sliced in half
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup monk fruit*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine the strawberries and water in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid is deep red and the strawberries are soft.
- Pour this mixture over a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Make sure not to press down on the strawberries. Otherwise, your syrup will be cloudy.
- Add the syrup back to the saucepan along with the monk fruit and lemon juice. Add back to the stovetop over medium-high heat and bring to a boil and remove.
Transfer the strawberry simple syrup to a mason jar or glass jar with a lid. Chill the strawberry simple syrup in the fridge for an hour or two until cold, then enjoy!
- Store in a mason jar or glass jar with a lid. This will stay good for about a week in the fridge.
If you are not Keto or low carb you can use coconut sugar instead of monk fruit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Drinks/Cocktail
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Strawberry simple syrup, keto syrup, keto, paleo, cocktails,
Pin this Keto Strawberry Simple Syrup to Pinterest
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!