Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki (Crockpot + IP)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki
Crockpot meals are my jam and my new Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki is fail-proof and can be used in many different ways. My favorite part of this recipe is the teriyaki sauce. Don’t use store-bought sauce when you can make something that tastes way better! If you are bored with a plain chicken breast then give this recipe a try that really takes chicken up a notch with flavor.
Tips and Tricks
- Make a big batch of this shredded chicken on Sunday and use it in many different ways throughout the week.
- When it comes time to shred the chicken, use a handheld mixer to save time. Simply place the cooked chicken in a large bowl and turn your mixer on medium sped and shred away. This is a genius hack that makes shredding chicken so easy!
What To Serve With Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki
There are so many different ways you can serve this recipe. Below are my favorite ways to eat this recipe.
- Stuff in a butter lettuce cup or a coconut tortilla
- Serve over cauliflower rice with steamed veggies
- Mix it with steamed broccoli
- If you are not keto, stuff it in a baked or sweet potato
- Refrigerator: Place chicken in a storage bag or into an airtight storage container. Place in refrigerator. This Shredded Chicken Teriyaki will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Place in an air-tight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, sit in the fridge overnight and then heat up on the stovetop or oven.
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Hibachi Skewers
- Buffalo Chicken Patties
- Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stir Fry
- Southern Chicken Salad
Keto Shredded Chicken Teriyaki
- Place the chicken breast into the crockpot. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, water, ground ginger, garlic, swerve, rice vinegar, and garlic, and pour over the chicken. Don't add the xanthan gum at this point.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Once cooked, remove the chicken breast and place them on a plate. Transfer the liquid to a small pot and place over medium-high heat. Add the xanthan gum and heat for 3-4 minutes or until it thickens. While this is heating, shred the chicken and add it back to the crockpot. Pour over the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve it in a butter lettuce cup or with cauliflower rice and steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Instructions
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, water, ground ginger, garlic, swerve, rice vinegar, and garlic,
- Place the chicken breasts in the instant pot in a single layer and pour the sauce over the chicken.Close the lid, seal the pot, and set the vent to “sealed”. Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then open the vent to release the remaining pressure. Open the lid carefully and transfer the chicken to a plate. Shred the chicken.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Once the sauce in the Instant Pot begins to simmer, slowly stir in the xanthan gum. Continue whisking for 1-2 minutes to make sure the sauce is smooth and thick.
- Transfer the shredded chicken to the instant pot and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce. Turn the Instant Pot off. Serve garnished with green onions and toasted sesame seeds over cauliflower rice (if desired).
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
- If you are not diet-specific, you can sub regular brown sugar for brown swerve. For keto, you can also sub golden monk fruit for brown swerve if needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.