- 1 lb Flank Steak (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- green onions
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (steamed)
- 3 garlic cloves (Pressed or finely chopped)
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice (or sub orange juice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 dates (soaked in water)
- 2 1/2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set to saute and allow time to heat up.
- Thinly slice the flank steak and add to a mixing bowl. Combine until the tapioca flour coats all parts of the steak.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee and a little olive oil and the pressed garlic to the pot and place the steak pieces in. This will need to be done in 2-3 batches to get all pieces of the steak crispy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sauce along with the thinly chopped dates.
- Before adding in the sauce, turn the settings on the instant pot to high pressure.
- Add in the sauce and lock the lid making sure the top vent is sealed.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- The tapioca flour from the steak will allow the sauce to get nice a thick.
- Heat up the cauliflower as desired and serve with the Mongolian beef along with green onion and sesame seeds.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, feel free to add the steak and sauce to the crock-pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian