As much as I wanted to make these cookies Paleo and Keto complaint, I decided to threw in the towel and use real sugar and lots of other unhealthy ingredients. That’s what’s awesome about living a balanced lifestyle though, sometimes you can enjoy the occasional treat loaded with sugar and butter.
Growing up my mom and grandmother would always make the most delicious gooey cake cookies that were to die for. I simply took their recipe and put my own spin on it. Both me and my husband are big fans of the chocolate and peanut butter combination, so I created something that we both would enjoy while still keeping the memories of that same moist cookie from childhood.
This cookie recipe doesn’t have a ton of ingredients and can be whipped up in no time at all. My favorite part of this recipe is the boxed chocolate cake mix. I seriously love a good box mix.. makes life so much easier. These cookies are so simple to make. Eloise, my 4 year old got in the kitchen with me and we busted these out in less than 20 minutes and had a great time. We even managed to completely destroy the kitchen in such a short amount of time. Oh well, the memories made were worth the mess.
These are the perfect cookies to leave for Santa, take to a holiday party or just to make as a simple treat for your family. If you are needing to make these in advance they also freeze really well. Make a few batches and throw in the freezer and thaw when you are needing a sweet treat.
In my opinion, baked goods are better after they have been frozen and thawed. It also makes life easy when you can make a few batches at a time and freeze for a later date.
Be sure to save this recipe to your Pinterest Board
The most delicious chocolate peanut butter cake cookies that are perfect for any occasion. They are a cross between a cake and a cookie. What could be better than that?
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar (for rolling cookies in)
- Beat the butter, vanilla, egg, peanut butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Pour the chocolate cake mix and peanut butter chips into the butter mixture and combine.
- Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar. You can roll them into big balls to make 12 large cookies or smaller balls to make 24 small cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Once cool, sift with additional powdered sugar.