I was just telling my husband the other day how much I love one skillet meals because of how much time it saves This inspired me to create a new one skillet meal that turned out to be a new family favorite. This Fire Roasted Tomato Basil Chicken Skillet is absolutely delicious and such an easy and tasty options for all of those busy weeks. Being a recipe creator, I always think about how to get a tasty and healthy meal on the table in little to no time at all. When I recipe test I always factor in cooking time, nutrition and clean up time. Here comes the good news, this meal gets an A+ in all areas. Busy mommas, dads and single parents, I got your back with 🙂
This dish is full of such good summertime flavors that pair nicely with cauliflower rice. It is so filling and can also serve as leftovers during the week. My 3 year old told me that she thinks it taste like spaghetti with chicken in it, haha. I will cut her chicken up in small pieces on top of the cauliflower rice and cover it with the tomato sauce and she will inhale the entire plate and ask for seconds.
This dish is amazing anytime of the year and isn’t expensive to make. I will throw in a few chicken breast along with a couple of cans of fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, onions, chicken broth tapioca flour to thicken and topped with fresh basil. It feels like it came straight from a restaurant in Italy.
On another note, you could take out the chicken and this would make a delicious tomato soup for those cool fall days. I plan to try to make a recipe for a big pot of fire roasted tomato soup for the fall and winter. I will keep you guys posted, of course.
If you are tired of the same boring meals, switch things up and give this one skillet dish a try. I am hopeful that this will become a new staple in your household that the whole family will love. If you season of life is currently so busy you can’t breath, still try to make it a priority to put a healthy meal on the table.
Click below to pin to your Pinterest boardPrint
- 3 large chicken breast (or 4 small)
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 1 small vidalia onions (sliced)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour (dissolved into 2 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 basil leaves (rough chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to a hot skillet. Allow to brown and cook on each side 6 mins. Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove from the skillet.
- Add the pressed garlic along with the sliced onions to the hot skillet. Allow to cook together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To the onions and garlic, add the tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Mix together and add the dissolved tapioca flour to the sauce and whisk together. At this point it should thicken just a little.
- Transfer the cooked chicken back into the skillet and allow to simmer together for 5 mins. Top with fresh chopped basil
- Serve over steamed cauliflower rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!