Dinner just got a whole lot easier with my adorable BBQ Tofu Sliders, This recipe includes a grilled piece of tofu slathered in BBQ sauce and served in a Hawaiian roll along with ranch coleslaw and a pickle.
If you are needing a break from meat but still want to get in some protein, be sure to give my NEW BBQ Tofu Sliders a try. These sliders only require a few simple ingredients and can be whipped up in no time at all. Everyone, including kids will love this easy recipe.
This post was sponsored by House Foods Tofu, but all opinions remain my own!
What is the best Tofu to buy?
I love buying House Foods Organic Tofu. It is not only high quality and organic, but super affordable. This is tofu you can count on. It is made with 100% U.S. grown, organic soybeans and is high in protein. It is non-GMO verified, gluten-free and certified kosher.
Below are some other qualities about tofu that make it a staple in my home:
● No cholesterol/trans fat
● Great source of plant-based-protein
House Foods is big on including the whole family in the kitchen – like me! To help get kids excited about Tofu, they have created a super fun eBook called The Tales of Tofu.Last week, I read The Tales of Tofu eBook with my girls and they loved it. It’s a cute story about a tofu character gaining confidence, with some great recipes throughout. We decided to make the Tofu Chocolate Pudding from the eBook together. My girls couldn’t get enough. It was such a fun and memorable experience as you can see from the photo above!
Be sure to click here to grab your FREE copy of this adorable and interactive book.
Ingredients you will need for these BBQ Tofu Sliders
- House Foods Organic Firm Tofu
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- Homemade ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Hawaiian rolls
Dinner just got a whole lot easier with my adorable BBQ Tofu Sliders, This recipe includes a grilled piece of tofu slathered in BBQ sauce and served in a Hawaiian roll along with ranch coleslaw and a pickle
- Drain and press the tofu using a paper towel. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to get as much water out as possible. (Continue to periodically press down on the tofu during the 10 minutes)
- Slice the tofu into slabs (note: I slice in quarters, then again in thirds to get 12 thick slices. Season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tofu slabs to the pan and Cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the barbecue sauce using a brush to each slab of tofu and carefully turn the to coat the other side with the sauce.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add the coleslaw mix along with the ranch dressing and mix until combined.
- To assemble the sliders, place the coleslaw mixture on each sliced Hawaiian roll and top with a tofu slab and a pickle along with any additional BBQ sauce from the pan.
- Category: Appetizers/Entree
- Method: Stovetop
Click below to get your copy of the Tales of Tofu eBook:
Be sure to check out House of Foods for more tips and tricks.