If you love the traditional potato salad recipe, then you are going to lose your mind when you try my NEW Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. Honestly, I don’t have enough words to describe how delicious this recipe is. The flavor combo of the bacon, ranch, dill and red onions will literally blow you away. To make this recipe even better, it’s Whole30, Paleo and Gluten Free.
Ingredients needed for this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad:
- Red Onion
- Ranch Dressing
- Fresh dill
- Diced bacon
- Olive Oil
Tips for this Potato Salad:
- Roast the potatoes until crispy: Make sure to roast the potatoes until they are crispy. This will give great texture to the salad.
- Serve it hot: I tested this recipe both hot and cold, and serving it hot is absolutely amazing. Serving it cold is great too, but there is something magical about pouring the ranch over the hot potatoes and allowing it to melt. It taste so buttery and savory serving hot.
- Use fresh dill: Topping the salad with fresh dill gives the dish a sweet and fresh taste.
What to serve with this side salad recipe?
If you want to make this a one bowl meal, simple chop up steak or chicken and mix it to the Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. It is super filling and will keep you feeling satisfied.
- Grilled chicken breast
- Grilled or baked fish
- BBQ & ribs
- Lettuce Wraps
This Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is the perfect creamy and savory side dish. This recipe includes roasted potatoes, homemade ranch dressing, chopped bacon and red onion and topped with fresh dill. A great addition to steaks, chicken or BBQ. Whole30, Paleo and GF.
- 2.5 lbs red and yellow creamer potatoes (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped ( I use Butcher Box)
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- Fresh dill for garnish
Ranch (Makes 1 Cup)
- 1 cup compliant mayo
- 1 /2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp dill weed (add more if desired)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (canned, unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black cracked pepper
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Transfer the sliced potatoes into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Using your hands or a spoon, mix the potatoes, oil and seasoning until evenly coated.
- Dump the potatoes out onto a large coated sheet pan and spread them into a single layer.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, use a metal spatula to stir and mix so they cook evenly.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, whip up the ranch dressing, cook the bacon and slice the red onions.
- Remove the cooked potatoes and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the ranch dressing over the cooked potatoes and add in the chopped bacon and red onions.
- Mix together until combined.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve hot.
- Add the mayo along with the rest of the ingredients to a wide mouth mason jar.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until combined.
- Once combined, check the consistency. If you would like thinner, just add a little more coconut milk and mix together with a spoon.
- Serve immediately or place lid on the jar and store in the fridge for up to one week
- This salad is best served hot, but it’s also really good served cold. You can make it a day in advanced and store covered in the fridge.
- Store any additional ranch dressing in a mason jar up to one week in the fridge.
- Category: Side Dish/ Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Paleo
Keywords: bacon ranch potato salad, Paleo, whole30 potato salad, potato salad, bacon ranch
I’m OBSESSED with Butcher Box. This is where I buy 90% of my meat and couldn’t recommend it enough.
- 100% Grass Fed & pasture raised Beef
- Free-range, USDA Certified Organic Chicken
- Heritage Breed Pork – Their natural, “old-world” genetics mean that during their slow maturation process, they develop the fine marbling and great flavor that nature intended them to have
- Wild Caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- ButcherBox bacon is sourced from heritage breed pigs and is uncured, nitrate-free and sugar-free