This family chicken nugget meal is sure to please the whole family. It is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant.
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast ((optional))
- Heat oven to 400F. Cover a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pat the chicken dry, cut it into 1½-inch pieces and place it in a large bowl.
- In 2 separate bowls, combine the almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutritional yeast in first bowl. In the second bowl, beat the large egg.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, followed by rolling in the almond flour mixture, and place on top of the baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove and flip the nuggets and place back in the oven to cook another 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Serve with homemade cauliflower mash and tomato salad. See notes for tomato salad recipe.
- Bring 1 head of cauliflower, chopped to a boil or cook 2 (12oz) bags of cauliflower rice as directed on the bag.
- Drain liquid from the cauliflower and add to the food processor with garlic powder, chives, ghee, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Blend together until smooth and top with fresh chives. Make sure NOT over blend or it will turn into a soupy puree.
Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Category: Main Dish