Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
Published Dec 18, 2019 Updated Feb 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asian-inspired meals are my favorite. Bursting with amazing flavors and textures, you just can’t go wrong! You may have already fallen in love with lettuce wraps from PF Changs, but let me now introduce you to my homemade, beef version of the delicious and popular lettuce wrap. These Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps make the perfect appetizer, easy weeknight dinner, or meal prep lunch!
Healthy Lettuce Wraps with Ground Beef
Everything about these beef lettuce wraps is perfect, from the seasoned beef to the crispy crunch of the butter lettuce, and the yummiest combination of sweet and spicy in every bite!
I set out to create healthy lettuce wraps that were both delicious and satisfying, while still offering a nutritious, Whole30, Paleo, and keto-friendly meal! These Asian Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps will give you all the feels & flavors of a tasty Asian-inspired dish with the freshest ingredients, and a fraction of the carbs & calories. Lettuce wraps with ground beef, FTW!
Which Lettuce is Best for Lettuce Wraps?
Butter lettuce is my go-to when choosing the best lettuce for my ground beef lettuce wraps (or really any kind of lettuce wrap!). This lettuce holds its form well and creates the perfect little cup to hold in the filling. In addition, it has a great taste that compliments the recipe, and an amazing crispy crunch that adds amazing texture!
Overall, butter lettuce is much easier to work with than other types of lettuce, and it’s super easy to find at the market!
How to Meal Prep
I love these wraps so much I could eat them daily for lunch. This recipe makes a super easy meal prep option for grab-and-go lunches throughout the week. Here’s how I meal prep this recipe!
- Make a big batch of the ground beef with seasonings and store it in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the “lettuce wrap”, then wash the butter lettuce and store it wrapped in a paper towel and zipped in a baggie.
- Pack a little bag of cashews and green onion to sprinkle on the top of the wraps before eating.
- When you’re ready to eat, simply heat up the beef and spoon the desired amount into a lettuce cup. Then sprinkle with the cashews & green onions, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Extra Sauce: If you would like to make extra sauce, add 1/4 cup coconut aminos along with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and 1/8 tsp of ground ginger to a bowl and whisk together.
Storage: Store any extra beef in an airtight glass container, which will last up to 1 week in the fridge.
Is this a copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps recipe? While these ground beef lettuce wraps have all the yummy Asian-inspired flavors and textures of PF Chang’s lettuce wraps, they are made with ground beef, whereas PF Changs makes theirs with chicken. Both recipes are delicious, and if you’re looking to re-create lettuce wraps at home, my recipe will blow your mind!
Are these ground beef lettuce wraps keto and low carb? Yes! Each serving accounts for about 3 filled lettuce wraps, which contains 379 calories and 12 Net carbs (for all three!). In fact, with 24 grams of protein, and 25 grams of fat, these Asian-inspired lettuce wraps with ground beef are actually a super macro-friendly meal for those of you eating the keto lifestyle!
Can I serve these at a party? Yes! This is the BEST appetizer for a gathering you’re hosting or attending. The ingredients travel well, are easy to assemble, and require minimal cleanup! Make a double batch, they’ll go quick!
SHOP MY POST:
If you love any of the props in this picture, be sure to check out No Crumbs Left Pottery Store. She has the most beautiful pieces and they are sure to be the perfect addition to your table setting.Print
Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
These delicious ground beef lettuce wraps are a healthy, Asian-inspired meal that take just minutes to make! Bursting with flavor & texture in every bite!
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 14 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 (8 oz can) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, remove core and seeds, chop
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Cashews and green onions for garnish
- Carefully rinse each butter lettuce leaf and pat dry. Be sure to not tear the leaves.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil over medium high heat and add in the minced garlic along with the ground beef. Allow to cook until the beef becomes crumbly and browned. Around 7 minutes.
- Once beef is cooked, remove and drain and discard the grease. Transfer the beef to a bowl and set to the side.
- To the hot skillet, add the chopped red bell pepper and finely diced water chestnuts. Cook until the peppers become tender. 3 minutes or so.
- Transfer the beef back to the pan with the red pepper and water chestnuts. Combine together with a spoon.
- To the beef, add the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes and ground ginger. Combine all ingredients with a spoon and allow to cook together, another 3 minutes or so.
- Arrange the lettuce cups on a platter and add a heaping spoonful of the beef mixture into each butter lettuce cup.
- Garnish each lettuce cup with green onions and cashews.
- If you would like to make additional sauce, feel free to add 1/4 cup coconut aminos along with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and 1/8 tsp of ground ginger to a bowl and whisk together.
- Store any extra beef in a glass container and this will last up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Appetizer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps, Lettuce Wraps, Asian Cuisine, Whole30 Recipes, Whole30 Dinner, Asian Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Asian Keto
My family loves these! We’ve eaten them every other week since first trying them! Even my 3 year old gobbles then up!
This is so wonderful to hear Courtney. When our picky little ones lean towards a healthy recipe to gobble it up, well…….that’s my goal. Thank you for your kind review;-)
These Asian lettuce wraps were amazing! As I am trying to eat healthier finding meals that both myself and my boyfriend like can be challenging at times. I ended up using romaine lettuce instead of butter lettuce since I had some in the fridge. It worked but definitely making these again and using butter lettuce instead. Highly recommend!
Girl I know right?????? Use what is in that FRIG! I am the queen of making it work with what I have. Now you have another boyfriend recipe to add with the Asian meatball recipe. So fun to know I’m helping you build your recipe box with things you both love;-)
I lived off of lettuce wraps during my first Whole30, but these are next level! One thing I miss most during Whole30 is crunch – bread, chips, etc. This recipe gives the perfect amount of crunch and flavor! Definitely adding to my regular rotation of meals. Highly recommend for moms on the go as this always leaves me with leftovers for next day lunch! Yum!!
Yay……So glad to hear this Jessica. There is something about that CRUNCH…..when it’s not there, you miss it. So glad this adds that missing texture. Thanks for sharing!!
Love how easy this dish comes together!! It was so delish, my almost 1 year old absolutely loved it also! Can’t wait to add this to our rotation again and again!!
Easy is my game!!!! Love that you liked the Asian Beef Wraps enough to add to a rotation. Thanks Alex for your input!!
This turned out SOOOOO good! I had to use romaine lettuce instead of butter lettuce because that’s all I had but it was literally so delicious. And easy and fast!!
Delicious and guilt free dinner! My whole family loved it! This is going to be a staple in our house from now on!
Love that the recipe made the family favorite lists. Thanks for your kind words of support!
Another family favorite!
Thank you so much!
This was delicious and super easy
Thank you Elisa
Easy to make and delicious!
So happy you loved it. Easy is always great
What a fantastic recipe! Husband approved. We just started our keto journey and this a great addition to our repertoire.
Thank you so much. So happy to hear it is a hit