Sheet Pan Sweet Potato and Fried Egg Breakfast
There is nothing better than serving sweet potatoes and eggs together in one dish. These two foods compliment each other perfectly and serve as an amazing and yummy breakfast that is both sweet and savory. Sheet pan meals have easily become my go-to option for breakfast and dinner, cooking has never been easier than just throwing everything in a pan and popping in the oven. Oh, and not to mention, clean up is a breeze.
I was just telling my husband that I am so in love with this easy breakfast, that I plan to serve on Christmas morning. It will not only make cooking easy and clean up a breeze, but it will still serve as a healthy option that day. Proscuttio, bacon, eggs, cubed sweet potatoes, and spinach in one pan, it is almost too much for me to take, these are all of my favorite foods.
If you are in a hurry and need a quick go-to breakfast or heck, even a dinner, get the recipe below. I am sure most of you have all of the ingredients on hand and won’t even need to run to the grocery store to make this delicious sheet pan meal. My 3 year old devoured her plate and asked for seconds and thirds, so you may even want to make 2 sheet pans worth. Don’t take my word for it, let your family be the judge! ENJOY!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potaotes (cubbed)
- 3 slices premium bacon (no sugar added)
- 3 slices proscuitto
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- add more salt and pepper to taste
- 4–6 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cube your sweet potatoes and spread out over the whole sheet pan. Toss in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cook your sweet potatoes for 30 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- While your sweet potatoes are cooking, cut up your bacon and proscuitto into smaller pieces and cook on medium heat in cast iron skiillet until crispy.
- Once sweet potatoes are almost done, pull them out and mke room to crack your eggs on the actual sheet pan.
- Add the pan back to the oven and let cook another 3 minutes or until desired doneness for your eggs. ( I am not a fan of runny eggs, so I usually let mine cook a little longer).
- Pull pan out and top with cooked bacon and proscuitto and fresh spinach.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!