This Sundried Tomato Creamy Shrimp recipe is proof that living Whole30 and Paleo can be simply divine. I adore this recipe because it can be done in less than 20 minutes. Shrimp is always a quick protein option if you are in a hurry and need an easy and delicious meal option. This dish looks so fancy and is honestly one of my favorite recipes that I have created to date. Sometimes I get too caught up in cooking with beef and chicken that I forget about shrimp and fish. This meal is always a great way to break up your protein options during the week.
When I first started living Paleo I assumed I would have to give up all of my favorite cream sauce recipes due to cornstarch and flour being the main thickening agency. I was worried until I found arrowroot and tapioca flour which are 2 amazing substitutes for the real thing. I simply add a couple of tablespoons to chicken broth, ghee, and coconut milk and it makes a cream sauce that the whole family will love. If you are not a shrimp fan, feel free to mix up this recipe with any protein of choice. This recipe is very versatile and would be delicious with chicken, scallops, and even steak. For a complete meal, make sure to serve over freshly steamed cauliflower rice.
Click the picture below to pin to your Pinterest board.
A rich and satisfying Paleo and Whole30 compliant shrimp coated in a thick and delicious sundried tomato cream sauce and served over cauliflower rice.
- 1 1/2 pound Jumbo Shrimp (approximatley 18–20 pieces)
- 1/4 cup compliant sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup compliant Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca flour for thickening (dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 12 oz bag cauliflower rice (steamed)
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp of ghee. Once hot, throw in your shrimp and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk to the skillet with the shrimp and stir together.
- Add 2 tbsp of arrowroot OR tapioca flour to 1 tsp of water and whisk together until smooth. Add this to the chicken broth and whisk until thick.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, lemon juice and spinach. Stir together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve over cauliflower rice if desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood