Who doesn’t love a good breakfast dish for dinner? Whenever life gets crazy I love throwing together this easy Paleo and Whole30 compliant Chorizo Hash Skillet. I am such a big fan of Chorizo paired with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, healthy yet flavorful. To bring the dish together, I drizzle with my Whole30 homemade ranch. It is absolutely delightful!
This recipe came together when I was trying to clean out my fridge and freezer before going on my weekly grocery shopping trip. Surprisingly, it turned out to be my families new favorite dish that we try to incorporate into our menu at least every couple of weeks. Since having a new baby 3 weeks ago, this skillet recipe has been on repeat at our house. Currently I am all about whipping together comfort meals that will also serve as additional meals during the week.
If you are struggling to get a delicious meal on the table that your whole family will love, give this recipe a try tonight. Don’t waste your leftovers, put them in a glass container and use for meals during the week.
Click here to save to your Pinterest board
A healthy and savory chorizo and veggie one skillet dish that is the perfect Whole30 and Paleo breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 1 1/2 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Brussles sprouts (cut into fourths)
- 1/3 cup sweet onion (finley chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3–4 eggs (or as many as desired)
- 3–4 tbsp homemade ranch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Homemade Whole30 Ranch
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp chives (dried or fresh)
Chorizio Skillet Hash
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F and heat your cast iron skillet on medium to high heat. (If you don’t have a cast iron, use a baking dish).
- Chop your brussels sprouts into fourths and dice your sweet potatoes. Wash and clean your spinach.
- Add your Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Let these veggies roast (around 10 mins) while your chorizo, garlic and onions are cooking.
- Add 1 tbsp. of ghee along with the minced garlic and onion to your skillet.
- When the onions are translucent, add in your chorizo.
- Once your chorizo is almost done, take your roasted veggies from the oven and add to the skillet. Decrease the oven to 350°F.
- Add in your spinach along with salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together and let cook until sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Crack 3-4 eggs (or as many as desired) over the top of your skillet hash.
- Add to oven and cook another 10 mins or until eggs are cooked as desired.
- Drizzle the skillet with my homemade ranch recipe.
- Add in your mayo (whole 30 version) into a mason jar. Here is my recipe for homemade mayo (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl add in all of your seasoning and mix together.
- Add the seasoning mix to the mayo.
- Slowly add in your coconut milk and vinegar. Here you will add less or more depending on the consistency you like.
- Put the mason jar lid on and shake.
- Category: Breakfast, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Spanish