15 Minute Creamy Keto Mashed Cauliflower
With simple ingredients and 15 minutes, you’ll have a just-as-good-as-mashed-potatoes side dish that’s only 5 grams of net carbs per serving. Creamy, smooth, and delicious, this keto mashed cauliflower goes with everything!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 12oz bags cauliflower rice (or 1 head of cauliflower, chopped-boiled or steamed)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chives fresh or dry
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free sour cream*
- 1 tsp salt add more to taste if needed
- 1/4 tsp pepper add more to taste if needed
Bring 1 head of cauliflower chopped or 2 bags of cauliflower rice to a boil, about 10 minutes. You can also cook the 2 bags in the microwave according to the bag instructions.
Drain liquid from the cauliflower and add to the food processor with garlic powder, chives, ghee, coconut milk, dairy-free sour cream salt, and pepper.
Blend together until smooth and top with fresh chives. Make sure to NOT over-blend or it will turn into a soupy puree.
Mac’s Pro Tips
- If you don’t have a food processor, an immersion blender will work well too.
- If you aren’t dairy-free, feel free to use regular dairy products like heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter in place of the non-dairy ones.
- If you’d like to steam your cauliflower instead of boiling it, that works too. I just find that boiling works faster.
- Use this keto cauliflower mash as a replacement for any recipe that calls for mashed potatoes! It’s truly so similar!
This recipe goes well with just about any recipe that would call for mashed potatoes. Serve it as a side dish with veggies, meat, fish, seafood, or shrimp. Use it in casseroles or with pot roast recipes. It’s so versatile!
Here are some reader-favorite Keto recipes that include my keto mashed cauliflower: Beef Tips & Gravy, Banana Pepper Pot Roast, and Keto Shepherd’s Pie.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave with a little ghee to loosen up the potatoes.