The BEST Mexican Street Corn "Elote Dip" Recipe
This creamy and delicious Elote Dip features all the flavors of Mexican Street Corn in dip form! Made with a blend of mayo, cream cheese, lime juice, elote seasoning, and fire-roasted corn and topped with cilantro, cotija cheese, diced jalapenos, and green onions. The perfect dip just in time for summer!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Diet: Gluten Free
Keyword: elote dip, Mexican street corn
- 3-4 cups corn 3-4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 gloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mayo or Greek yogurt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 tabelspoons cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepepr to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tajin for garnish
Preheat oven to 375F. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and all of the seasonings to a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer and mix until combined. Add the corn to either your gas stove or grill to get a char on 375F for 12 minutes.
In a large skillet, add the butter, onions, and garlic over medium/high heat. Add the corn, cilantro, jalapenos, and 3/4 cup cotija cheese. Cook for 3-4 mins, Transfer the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Allow to heat for a couple more minutes until everything is melty.
Spoon mixture into an ungreased baking dish or 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Evenly top with remaining Cotija cheese and sprinkle with Tajin seasoning.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. I like to broil mine on low at the last minute or two. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, jalapeno slices, and any additional grilled corn pieces. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
- Store leftover elote dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven and serve with your favorite chips, veggies, and more!
- This recipe does not freeze well, so I recommend making a fresh batch if needed for a later date.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1731IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg