BBQ Chicken Tostadas with Easy Lime Crema Recipe
The perfect recipe for busy nights, these BBQ Chicken Tostadas are here to make dinner fun, tasty, and easy! Made with shredded rotisserie chicken, BBQ sauce, feta cheese, red onion, pineapple, and green onion layered on top of crunchy tortillas, this easy dinner recipe comes together in just 10 minutes!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Course: dinner, lunch, Main Course
- 4-5 tostada shells
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded and warmed up
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapples
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To a bowl add the shredded chicken and 3/4 cup BBQ sauce. Mix until combined
Add a tablespoon or so of BBQ sauce to each tostada shell. Then start building with chicken, onions, pineapples, and feta cheese.
Drizzle the sour cream sauce over each tostada and enjoy. Squeeze with fresh lime juice if desired. I eat mine as is and do not heat it. However, if you want them warm, simply add them to a 350F oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Homemade tostada shell: If you want to make your own crispy tostada shells, you'll need small, taco-sized corn or flour tortillas. Add a tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tortillas to the hot skillet and fry until desired crispness is achieved.
- Dairy-Free: You can make your tostadas dairy free by swapping the cheese for a dairy-free alternative and using dairy-free sour cream.
- Toppings: The best thing about this recipe is that it can be customized to your preferences, making it really fun for the whole family. Top your crunchy tostadas with all your favorite toppings, including black beans, pinto beans, shredded romaine lettuce, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, hot sauce, guacamole, fresh pico de gallo, avocado, lime wedges, and more!
- Serve this chicken tostada recipe warm with desired toppings. Create a "make your own" chicken tostadas bar by setting out all of the ingredients in small bowls and letting everyone build their own. This makes meals so much fun!
- Store ingredients separately in airtight containers and build your chicken tostadas when ready to eat. The chicken will last for up to 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container. The lime crema will keep for up to 5 days stored in a jar with a lid or Tupperware.
- Use the lime crema for a number of other recipes, including taco salads, burritos, fish tacos, chicken dishes, and more!
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 1546mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 393IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg