Healthy Marry Me Chicken Recipe
A healthier version of the trending “Marry Me Chicken” recipe. Same delicious chicken, but made completely dairy-free, gluten-free, Whole30, Paleo, and Low-carb! Your guests will definitely want to “marry me” for this recipe!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ cup coconut milk or Orginal Nutpods*
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Garnish with basil leaves
Cook The Chicken: Season the whole chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add a large skillet over medium/high heat along with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Once done cooking, transfer the chicken to a plate. Make The Sauce: To the skillet with the chicken breast drippings, add, 1 tablespoon vegan butter, minced garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth. coconut milk, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, and seasoning.
Transfer the cooked chicken back to the skillet with the sauce. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165°F.
Garnish chicken with fresh basil. If you are not dairy-free top with freshly grated parmesan cheese
- If you’re not dairy-free, feel free to substitute heavy cream for coconut cream. You can also substitute parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast.
- If preferred, you can butterfly the chicken breasts to make them thinner. Be aware that this will affect the cooking time
- Serve over gluten-free noodles, spaghetti squash, mashed potatoes, or cauliflower mash.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat, serve over your favorite side, and garnish with fresh basil.