Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Patties with Spicy Ranch Recipe
Easy air fryer chicken patties with flavorful, homemade buffalo sauce and spicy ranch dressing. Prepped and cooked in just 30 minutes, this adult and kid-friendly recipe is ready in no time, absolutely delicious, and perfect for weeknights or gatherings! Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free.
Servings: 12 small patties or 8 large
- 2 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee or vegan butter for frying
- 1 cup mayo or sub Greek or dairy-free yogurt (won't be dairy-free or whole30 if using Greek)
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk canned
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
Air Fryer Version
In a large mixing bowl add the ground chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onions. Mix together.
Add in the Franks Hot Sauce, beaten egg, mayo, and almond flour. Mix with a spoon until everything is combined.
Roll the chicken mixture into 8 large or 12 mall balls and place on a plate or parchment paper.
Set the air fryer to 400F.
Spray the basket with cooking spray and add in each ball and press down using a spatula. Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may need to do this in 2 batches.
Set the time for 14 minutes. Flip the patties halfway through cooking. The internal temp for the patties should be 165F to be fully cooked.
Remove and enjoy!
Complete steps 1-3 from above.
Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat with 1 tbsp of ghee.
Add each patty to the skillet and use a spatula to press each ball into a disc shape.
Let each patty cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. It is important to check the middle to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. The internal temp for the patties should be 165F to be fully cooked.
Remove and add to a plate and drizzle with spicy ranch and sprinkle with green onions.
Spicy Ranch Dressing
Add your mayo and the rest of the ingredients to the mayo and mix together with a spoon until combined. This spicy ranch lasts about a week in the fridge.
Note: For a thinner consistency, add more coconut milk.
Mac’s Pro Tips
- If you swap out the mayo for Greek Yogurt, it will no longer be Whole30 or dairy-free.
- If the chicken mixture is still too wet, add another tablespoon of almond flour.
- If you prefer, you can swap out the ground chicken for ground turkey.
- Serve wrapped between two slices of lettuce, on a bun, or by itself.
- Add additional toppings if desired: tomato, red onion, pickles, banana peppers, etc.
- Leftovers: Store leftover chicken patties in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat and serve.
- Spicy Ranch Dressing: Store leftover spicy ranch in a small airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Make Ahead: These are great to meal prep on Sunday or even at the beginning of the month and throw in the freezer for quick and easy meals.
- Freezer: Store chicken patties in a freezer-safe container without the ranch on top. Reheat in the oven or microwave until warm and drizzle with the spicy ranch dressing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg