Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Dip
A creamy, cheesy, and spicy Crockpot Jalapeño Popper Dip that combines the delicious flavors of poppers, but in dip form! Simply add your ingredients to your slow cooker, give it a stir, and voila! The ultimate game day appetizer!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 24 oz fresh or frozen corn can also use canned, but make sure to drain
- 3 jalapenos seeded and minced (Also feel free to use pickled jalapenos for less spice)
- 1 can of green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika or more if desired
- 3 green onions sliced
- 16 ounces cream cheese cubed (can sub df cream cheese, I like Kitehill)
- 12 oz Mexican Style shredded cheese can also sub fav dairy-free cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream can sub df sour cream
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Add the corn, diced jalapenos, cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese blend into a crockpot. Season with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Stir until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
Once done cooking, uncover and stir until combined. If you want to keep it warm, leave set your crockpot to the warm setting. This will keep the cheese nice and melted.
Top the dip with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions. Serve with Fritos, tortilla chips, or crackers.
- Stir the Dip: Give this dip the occasional stir while cooking (and serving) to keep it smooth and creamy.
- Extra Spicy: If you prefer more spice, leave some seeds on the jalapenos.
- Mild Spice: If you want this dip to be mild, follow the instructions as is. Be sure to de-seed all of the jalapenos.
- Gloves: No matter how many times you wash your hands, jalapeno residue can linger. I recommend using disposable gloves when handling the peppers so you don’t risk any peppers getting on your face or eyes.
- Serve this dip warm straight from the crock pot with sliced bell peppers, celery, carrots, cucumbers, tortilla chips, sliced bread, and more!
- Vegetarian: Omit the bacon! The rest of the ingredients are vegetarian-friendly
- Dairy-Free: If you’d like to make a dairy-free version, simply replace the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and sour cream with non-dairy alternatives.
- Vegan: Use non-dairy alternatives and omit the bacon.
- Low Carb: Omit the corn and serve with sliced veggies instead of chips.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Warm over the stovetop or microwave, stir the dip and serve.