This creamy Whole30 Poppy Seed Casserole is the perfect family dinner that tastes almost identical to the the full fat version. Serve with a side salad or green beans and you have the perfect healthy comfort meal.
Poppy Seed Casserole
- 5– 6 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup Forager Dairy Free Sour Cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, canned
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of cauliflower rice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9×13″ pan with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, ghee, onion powder, garlic powder and xanthan gum. Heat until the mixture becomes thick. Around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken, sour cream, cauliflower rice and poppy seeds to the pot. Mix together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to the prepared dish and spread into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, egg white, ghee and salt. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 765
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 95
Keywords: Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole, Poppy Seed Chicken, Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Dairy Free