This Kung Pao Chicken dish is Whole30 and Gluten Free and is a must-have for all your Chinese takeout lovers. The chicken stir fry is drenched in the Kung Pao sauce will make you believe that healthy can truly tastes delicious.
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into fourths
- 5–6 dried red chili peppers
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 green scallions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Kung Pao Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum, dissolved in 1 tbsp water(OR use 1 tsp arrowroot powder)
- 2 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 teaspoon granulated Monk Fruit sweetener for Keto , OR honey for Paleo (This option is not Whole30)
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Kung Pao Sauce and whisk together in a small sauce pan. Bring to a light boil over medium/high heat. Remove and set to the side.
- In a large skillet or wok, add in the olive oil along with the diced chicken breast. Sauté over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes. Be sure to drain any liquid as the chicken cooks. This will ensure that it browns properly.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place in a bowl. Set to the side.
- Transfer the red bell pepper chunks, red chili peppers, cashews, zucchini, and scallions to the skillet and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir together. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
- Serve cauliflower rice and enjoy!
- If the sauce doesn’t thicken, add a little more xanthum gum or arrowroot flour.
- Store in the fridge for 4-5 days in a air-tight container.
- Category: Entrees/Quick
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Asian, Whole30, GF
- Serving Size: 5 servings
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 3.2
- Sodium: 408.2
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 43.3
Keywords: Whole30 Kung Pao Chicken, Whole30 Recipes, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo