Jumbo shrimp drenched with bang bang sauce and served over cauliflower rice.
- 20 jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayo (whole 30 approved (see instagram for my recipe))
- 2 tbsp hot Sauce (Franks)
- 2 tsp sriracha (for whole 30 either buy approved or make your own)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag cauliflower pearls (or cauliflower rice )
- Thaw your shrimp in a bowl of water. I usually let mine sit for 15- 20 minutes.
- While your shrimp is thawing, go ahead and prep your bang bang sauce. How you make your sauce will depend on your dietary needs. Due to my families paleo lifestyle, I usually make my own. If you would like my recipe, it is located on my instagram page.
Add 1/2 cup mayo to a bowl and simply add 2 tbsp of Frank’s hot sauce and 2 tsp of sriracha sauce ( for whole 30 you will need to make your own version). Simply mix together and sit to the side.
- Next, heat up your cast iron skillet with olive oil and add in your jumbo shrimp. Make sure to cook your shrimp on a lower heat. I find that if I cook at a higher temp the shrimp will have a rubbery texture. It is important to flip your shrimp so it cooks evenly.
- After you get the shrimp in the skillet, heat up another pan and add in your cauli pearls. I find my pearls at Sams Club. Cook your rice until tender. I usually season with a little salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Once your rice is done go ahead and add your bang bang sauce to your shrimp. Let the sauce and shrimp simmer another 3 minutes until combined.
- Finally, add your cauliflower pearls to a plate or bowl and top with your shrimp and sauce. Top with green onions and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood