The Vegan Vanilla Cake is what dreams are made of. The 3-layered cake is fluffy and covered in a velvety vegan buttercream frosting. You will be shocked that it is made with plant based margarine and no eggs.
Vegan Vanilla Cake Ingredients:
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
2 ⅓ cup cane sugar
½ tsp salt
2 ⅔ cup almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup plant based margarine
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup rainbow sprinkles.
Vegan Buttercream Ingredients:
2 cups plant based margarine
1 cup all vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
6 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Vegan Vanilla Cake Instruction:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the sides of each pan and place a circle of parchment paper on the bottom. This will prevent the cake from sticking.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside
- In a medium bowl add the dairy-free milk and the vinegar. Allow to set for a few minutes. Then add the applesauce and vanilla. Whisk and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the softened vegan margarine and sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients together until smooth and batter like. It should be thick but still thick enough to pour.
- Divide the batter into the 3-9 inch cake pans evenly.
- Bake the cakes between 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and sit on the counter to allow to cool in the pans for 20 minutes. After the cooling process is done, carefully flip them onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Vegan Buttercream Frosting Instructions:
- In a stand mixer, add the plant margarine and the vegetable shortening. Beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla extract along with the powdered sugar.
- Add green food coloring of choice and beat together for 40 seconds or until fluffy and stiff.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand. Carefully spread an even layer of buttercream over the top.
- Repeat this process for each all 3 layers.
- Decorate the outside of the cake as desired. I used a 2110 tip and just did quick half circles around the entire cake.
- Top with rainbow sprinkles and enjoy
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice with Icing
- Calories: 630
- Sugar: 75
- Sodium: 575
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 100
- Fiber: 0.9
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Vegan Cake, Vanilla Cake, Vegan Recipes, Vegan Desserts, Cake