Mini peppers cut in half and stuffed with a savory tuna salad and topped with paprika. The perfect healthy snack or meal. Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Dairy Free and Gluten Free.
- Three 5-ounce cans white meat tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 large pickle spears, chopped
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (to sprinkle on top of salad)
- 8 mini peppers, cut in half (16 halves)
- Wash and clean the mini peppers. Cut them in half and remove the stem, ribs and seeds. Place the pepper halves on a plate and set to the side.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the canned tuna and break up the tuna with a fork. Transfer the chopped red onions, pickles, pickle juice, chopped hard-boiled egg and mayo. Mix together until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the tuna salad between the baby pepper halves. Sprinkle the tops of the tuna salad stuffed mini peppers with paprika.
- The tuna salad can be served immediately or for best taste, store in the fridge covered for 24 hours before serving.
- 7 NET carbs per 3 halves of mini peppers stuffed with the tuna salad
- Click here for my homemade mayo.
- Category: Main Dish/Appetizer/Snack
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 mini pepper halves
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 563
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 41
Keywords: Tuna Salad Stuffed Mini Peppers, Keto, Tuna Salad, Clean Keto, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto Snack