- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Remove the Tri-Tip from the marinade and generously season both sides with salt and pepper. Don’t be afraid to over season the meat. Be sure to get a nice crust on both sides of the beef.
- Place beef Tri-Tip on smoker. Cook until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F. This should cook around 80 minutes. Remove beef and add it to a cast iron skillet pre-heated with ghee. Sear on each side until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove the tri-tip from the smoker and transfer to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut across the grains in thin strips starting at the smallest end of the Tri-Tip.
- Serve with fresh Pico De Gallo over the top of the meat and a side of green beans.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Main Dish