- 1 2.5lb Tri-Tip Roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- gallon size baggie
- 1 tbsp ghee ((for searing))
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 garlic coves (minced)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Remove the Tri-Tip from the marinade and generously season both sides with salt and pepper. Don’t be afraid to over season the meat. Be sure to get a nice crust on both sides of the beef.
- Place beef Tri-Tip on smoker. Cook until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F. This should cook around 80 minutes. Remove beef and add it to a cast iron skillet pre-heated with ghee. Sear on each side until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove the tri-tip from the smoker and transfer to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut across the grains in thin strips starting at the smallest end of the Tri-Tip.
- Serve with fresh Pico De Gallo over the top of the meat and a side of green beans.
- Category: Main Dish