Ice Cream Maker Version
- 1 hour before making ice cream, add the ice cream canister to the freezer to chill.
- Add the 2 cans of coconut milk, natural sweetener of choice ( I used Monk Fruit), scraped vanilla bean along with the 1 tsp vanilla extract to a high-speed blender. Blend all ingredients on high until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the liquid ice cream mixture to the chilled canister.
- Follow the instruction on your ice cream maker. (I added ice and rock salt around the canister and allowed it to churn for 15 minutes). All ice cream makers are not the same so be sure to follow the instructions of your machine.
No Churn Version
- Add the liquid ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container and transfer to the freeze.
- Allow it to sit in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Remove a couple of times during the 5-6 hours and mix with a spoon. Before serving, allow ice cream to sit 5-10 minutes so it’s easier to scoop.
Sub 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract for 1 whole vanilla bean.
This ice cream will last 3-4 weeks in the freezer if stored in an air-tight and freezer proof container.
- Prep Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo