These mashed potatoes are fluffy, creamy, buttery, and the perfect side for any dinner. These are literally the PERFECT mashed potato. I have also included my cauliflower mash version that Keto and Whole30 version.
- 2 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes peeled (OR Idahoan Real Premium Mashed Potatoes )
- 3/4 package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 stick butter (softened and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 16 oz container sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover potatoes with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook partially covered until easily pierced with a knife (boil 20-25 min depending on the size of your potatoes) Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Use a hand held mixer or a potato masher and mash the boiled potatoes until smooth. I personally like using the hand held mixer for this step because it really whips the potatoes and makes them smooth.
- Add the butter and mix until completely until melted. Next add in the sour cream, cream cheese, and milk to the hot potatoes. Mix together using a big wooden spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut a small piece of butter and place on top along with a few sprinkles of pepper.
- Bring 1 head of cauliflower to a boil and cook for 10 mins or steam 2 bags of cauliflower rice in the microwave per instructions on the package.
- Drain liquid from the cauliflower and add to the food processor with garlic powder, chives, ghee, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Blend together until smooth and top with fresh chives. Make sure NOT over blend or it will turn into a soupy puree.
- Transfer the cauliflower mash to a bowl and top with ghee, salt, pepper and chives.
Note: For the instant mashed potatoes, follow the directions on the pkg per needed serving size.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American