These decadent and moist chocolate cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any occasions. These are made with easy ingredients and take no time at all to whip up. The fluffy buttercream icing takes these delicious chocolate cupcakes to a whole new level.
- 1 box double chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (plus 1 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 strawberries (cut in half)
- 1/3 cup melted milk chocolate (for drizzle)
- 2 sticks butter ((or 1 cup))
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a (12) cup muffin pan with white paper cupcake liners. (If you have extra batter, add to an additional muffin pan.
- Add the box cake mix to a bowl along with the 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Instead of adding water, sub 1 1/4 cup whole milk, along with an additional egg (4 total) and 1/3 cup oil plus 1 tbsp.
- Pour half the wet mixture into the dry and mix together. Continue adding the other half of the dry mix until completely combined.
- Spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only halfway (don’t go overboard here, make sure to just do halfway so they rise correctly). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Top with a fresh strawberry and drizzle with melted milk chocolate.
- In a stand up mixer or hand mixer, whip the butter together on medium/high speed until fluffy (around 4 mins). Sift the confectioners’ sugar before slowly adding to the butter.
- Slowly in your confectioners’ sugar (1 cup at a time) along with gradually adding in your whole milk. Mix until combined. (Adjust the consistency of the frosting as needed by adding more confectioners’ sugar or cream).
- Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing on medium and beat all ingredients together for 2-3 minutes. Here you will add more milk to thicken out the icing. If the icing becomes too thin, add in a little confectioners sugar.
- Once cupcakes are cool, use a piping bag and ice cupcakes as desired.
- Category: Dessert