- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp ghee.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Add the minced garlic along and sliced yellow onion to the skillet. Brown together until the onions are caramelized, around 6-7 minutes. Remove a couple of tbsp of caramelized onions and set to the side for garnish.
- Add in the chopped steak and allow to cook together with the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the 12 eggs together along with Mac’s Awesome Sauce, salt and pepper until completely combined.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the steak, onions and garlic in skillet. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly over the beef for even cooking.
- Add the cast iron skillet to the oven and allow to cook 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with the extra onion, a little more Mac’s Awesome Sauce and micro greens.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to one month or freeze for 3 months.
- I love cutting this frittata into pizza slices and storing in glass containers for an easy meal prep option.
- Click here for Mac’s Awesome Sauce Recipe
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American