This Bang Bang Shrimp is fresh shrimp tossed in spicy bang bang sauce and served over arugula along with avocados, slivered almonds, grape tomatoes, and red onions. This dish is perfect year round and is Keto, Whole30, Paleo and Dairy Free.
- 1 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6–8 cups Arugula and Spinach mix (or lettuce of choice)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 large avocado (pitted and sliced)
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 1/2 tbsp compliant sriracha sauce
- Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
Homemade Sriracha Sauce (Makes 1 cup)
- 1 cup red pepper jalapeno sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Bang Bang Sauce
Spicy Shrimp Salad
- Clean the lettuce, clean and cut the grape tomatoes in half, slice the red onions, remove the pit in the avocado and slice.
- Add 1/2 cup of mayo to small bowl along with the sriracha sauce, coconut aminos, and garlic powder.
- Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat. Add in 1 tbsp of olive oil and the shrimp (The shrimp should sizzle when added to the pan). Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until pink or opaque . Toss the shrimp with the Bang Bang Sauce
- Add 6-8 cups of arugula and spinach mix in a serving dish. Assemble the salad by starting at the top with the grape tomatoes followed by red onions, spicy shrimp, sliced avocado, and slivered almonds. Sprinkle the shrimp with a little red pepper flakes.
I love making extra Bang Bang Sauce for additional dressing. Click here for my 60 second Mayo recipe
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Salad