My homemade Southern Style Chicken Salad recipe is easy to make and loaded with homemade mayo, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, pecans, pickles and onions. Perfect served over lettuce or on top of cucumbers. Only 2 NET carbs per serving! Whole30, Keto, and Paleo.
- 5 cups chicken, cooked and finely shredded
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 3/4 cup homemade mayo
- 3 tablespoons pecans, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- To a food processor, add in the cooked chicken and pulse for 20 seconds or until the chicken is nice and chopped.
- Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix with a large wooden spoon until combined and creamy.
- Place a lid on the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve with sliced cucumbers, over lettuce or mini bell peppers.
- This can be stored for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator safely in an air-tight Tupperware with a lid.
- For the chicken you can boil, bake or grill chicken breast, use canned or even a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- If you want to boil chicken breast for this recipe you can fill a 2 1/2 quart pot with water and add a little salt to flavor the water. When the water is boiling, add the chicken and cook until tender and no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and allow it to cool.
- Click here for my 60 second homemade mayo recipe
- Category: Entrees/Appetizer
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 433
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 16
- Cholesterol: 103
Keywords: Southern Style Chicken Salad, Keto, Paleo, Whole30, Chicken Salad