- 5 boneless loin chops, 1 1/2- 2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum*
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- Additional salt and pepper as needed
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Bring pork chops to room temp by allowing them to sit out for 15 minutes.
- Tenderize each pork chop by piercing each side of the pork chops multiple times with a fork. Make sure the pierce marks are distributed evenly among each side.
- Season the pork chops on both side generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the cast iron and sear the chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side over high heat.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the preheated 350F oven. Cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron from the oven and place on the stove. Carefully remove the pork chops to a large plate and set to the side.
- Add in 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, onion, and mushrooms and saute for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Add in the ghee and any additional salt/pepper if desired.
- Pour in the chicken broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the xanthan gum and whisk until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Return the cooked pork chops to the gravy and allow to cook together another 2 minutes or so on low heat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Keto, Whole30, American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 446
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 25
- Cholesterol: 78.5
Keywords: Pork Chop Recipes, Smothered Pork Chops, Whole30 Recipes, Keto Recipes, Pork Chops with Gravy