- 1 package of compliant chicken and apple sausage (sliced (Aidell or Sam’s Choice))
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubbed (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (or 1/4 cup dried (no sugar added))
- 1 whole green apple (diced into cubes)
- fresh rosemary for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven, 350°F
- Add cranberries (if using fresh) and squash to a baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes. (If you are using dried cranberries, just add those to the skillet right before serving).
- While that is cooking, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to cast iron skillet and add in your sausage and apple slices and cook to desired doneness.
- Take out the pan with cranberries and butternut squash and add to a bowl.
- Add the sausage and apples on top of the butternut squash and cranberries and mix together.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
I cook my squash separately just so it doesn’t get mushy. Feel free to add everything to the same skillet for a quicker meal option.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Sausage