Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- 1 lb peeled and deveinded shrimp (thawed)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large lemon (zested)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for drizzle)
- Fresh lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste for garnish
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powered, kosher salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Transfer the thawed shrimp to a large bowl along with the lemon pepper mixture. With your hands, mix the shrimp and seasoning together until the shrimp is completely coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the coated shrimp to the hot pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, turning once, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot with 8 cups of water over high heat. Trim the ends off the asparagus using a sharp knife.
- Season the asparagus with 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus; boil until tender, 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove the asparagus with tongs and immediately transfer to a big bowl of ice water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process. Blanching them like this will make them crisp and green. After a minute, transfer to a towel and pat dry. (You can also saute in a hot skillet after this step, but I love eating them just like this. They are so crisp and fresh)
- Place desired amount of asparagus on a plate and cover with the lemon pepper shrimp.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you do not want to blanch the asparagus, feel free to add this to the sheet pan with the shrimp. This can easily turn into a one pan dish if desired.
- You can also steam the asparagus as a cooking option.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 3.6
- Fat: 28.3
- Carbohydrates: 9.8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 32.2
- Cholesterol: 253
Keywords: sheet pan, shrimp, Whole30, Keto, Paleo