Green peppers stuffed with thinly sliced steak, mushrooms, peppers, red onions and topped with a creamy sauce that is a great cheese alternative. This recipe is Keto, Whole30, Paleo and Dairy Free.
Philly Not So Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 2 lbs sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 5 green bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mac’s Awesome Sauce
Mac’s Awesome Sauce (Makes 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Oil a baking pan and cut each green pepper in half and hollow out. Place the peppers to where the open side is face up. Bake the peppers for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Slice the red onion in thin slices, julienne the red pepper, and slice and clean the mushrooms. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat up the sliced steak. Remove the steak and transfer to a bowl when completely cooked.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the hot skillet. Add in the mushrooms, red peppers, and onions to the hot skillet. Cook until tender and add the steak in with the veggie mixture and cook another min or two.
- Remove the peppers from the oven once tender and begin assembling each pepper by adding in a big heaping spoonful of the veggie and meat mixture into each pepper. Once each pepper is filled, top with a tbsp of Mac’s Awesome Sauce to each pepper.
- Add back in the 400 F oven and allow the flavors to merry together for another 2-3 minutes.
Mac’s Awesome Sauce
- Make the mayo base and add to a jar.
- Add the chopped onions, coconut aminos, 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Use a spoon to mix together until combined. This dressing will be good for up to a week in the fridge.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Whole30, Paleo, Keto
Keywords: Philly Cheesesteak, Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Stuffed Peppers