- 4 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 small apple peeled and diced into small chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- OPTIONAL for additional sweetness add 6 dates soaked hot water
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel the top layer of the dates and take the back of a spoon and mash the insides of the dates until smooth. (This step is optional. If you don’t add the dates, the sauce will be tart with a slight amount of sweetness from the pineapple).
- Turn stove on medium heat and place the cranberries, water, lemon zest, diced apples, crushed pineapples, orange and pineapple juice, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium to high heat. Allow the mixture to cook for 7 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop and burst.
- As the mixture heats, all the ingredients will cook down and thicken into a delicious sauce. This usually take 12-15 minutes. Top with fresh lemon zest and serve
If you want this recipe to be more chunky, simply use 1/4 cup water instead of 1/2 cup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sauce