Creamy and decadent no bake Key Lime Pie Bars that are Paleo, gluten and dairy free.
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 whole Lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Use a 8×8 baking dish and line the bottom with parchment paper. Sit to the side.
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust to a food processor or blender. Blend until it is a thick crust like consistency. The crust should be sticky and almost resemble a Larabar.
- Transfer the crust to the baking pan and spread out evenly on top of the parchment paper.
- Move the baking pan with the crust to the freezer.
- Add the chilled coconut milk ( do not use the water at the bottom of the can, only the heavy cream at the top) to a mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients to the coconut milk and mix on high until combined.
- Once combined, remove the baking dish from the freezer and pour the filling over the top.
- Transfer back to the freezer to harden for at least 3-4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars. Top with fresh lime zest.
- I will usually make a couple of big batches and leave them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Dessert