- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, room temperature
- Add all the ingredients to a wide-mouth mason jar. The jar needs to be wide enough to fit the immersion blender.
- Place the immersion blender over the top of the egg and turn the blender to low speed. Leave the immersion blender here and don’t move it until the mixture begins to turn white.
- Increase the speed of the immersion blender and begin slowly lifting the blender up. Blend, taking the immersion blender up, down, and to the side until all the oil is completely emulsified. This process can take up to 1 minute.
- When creamy and the oil is completely emulsified, remove the blender.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight jar and store for up to 7 days.
- Note: If you are using a blender, add everything in except for the light olive oil. Turn the blender on medium speed and slowly add in the olive oil and blend until thick and creamy.
- Room Temperature: To prevent broken mayo, make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Oil: Light olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed, or safflower oil.
- Storage: This will last up to 1 week in the fridge
- Egg: This recipe contains raw eggs. If you have a concern, buy pasteurized eggs.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mayo, Immersion Blender, Homemade