- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4–1/2 tsp salt (depending on taste)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to a wide mouth mason jar. The jar needs to be wide enough to fit the immersion blender.
- Place the immersion blender over the top of the egg and turn the blender to low speed. Leave the immersion blender here and don’t move it until the mixture begins to turn white.
- Increase the speed of the immersion blender and begin to slowly lift the blender up. Blend, taking the immersion blender up, down and to the side until all the oil is completely emulsified. This process can take up to 1 minute.
- When creamy and the oil is completely emulsifies, remove the blender.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight jar and store up to 7 days.
- Note: If you are using a blender, add everything in except for the light olive oil. Turn the blender on medium speed and slowly add in the olive oil and blend until thick and creamy.
- Must use LIGHT olive oil, EXTRA LIGHT olive oil or Avocado oil.
- This will last up to 1 week in the fridge
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, do not consume raw egg. Learn more about how to pasteurize your egg here if you are concerned of consuming raw eggs and want to kill all bacteria.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mayo, Immersion Blender, Homemade