- 1 lb Italian or breakfast Sausage
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegan butter
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small head fresh cauliflower, cut into thick florets
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups kale
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon ghee. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook together until fragrant, a minute or so. Add in the ground breakfast sausage and let simmer together for 5-6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Bring the dutch oven down to low heat. Add in the chicken broth, cauliflower florets, 1 tablespoon ghee, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Allow simmering for 20 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets and simmer until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add kale and the coconut milk; simmer until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with o1 tablespoon ghee. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook together until fragrant, a minute or so. Add in the ground breakfast sausage and let simmer together for 5-6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Add everything into a 6qt Crockpot else except for the kale. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Add in the kale and allow to simmer until kale is wilted.
- Serve immediately with chopped bacon and fresh red pepper flakes or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Press the saute function on the Instant Pot, and once hot, add the 1 tablespoon ghee. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often. Add the ground sausage. Brown for 5-6 minutes. Press cancel to turn off the saute feature. Drain off any grease.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower florets, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon ghee, salt, and pepper. . Secure the lid, turn to seal, and set the pot to high-pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully quick release the pressure. Add in the coconut milk and kale and stir together. Once kale is wilted, serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- For dairy-free simply use vegan butter instead of ghee
- Only 5.6 NET carbs per serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Crockpot/Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1159
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 65
Keywords: Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup, Keto Soup, Fall Recipes, Soup Recipes, Keto, Low Carb